Wooden churches of Baia Mare
Baia MareMuzeul Satului
The church was built in Chechis in 1630 and was moved to the museum in 1939. The spire has four turrets meaning that the village of Chechis used to have and Old Men's Council. The passage between the pronaos and the nave (naos) is beautifully carved. There is no interior painting anymore but the church holds two imperial icons beautifully decorated, several valuable wooden and glass icons and few wooden crosses.